Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
What cut of beef is best for slow cooking?
There are slow many cuts of beef that are great for slow cooking, it's difficult to know where to start!
- Brisket is a really "beefy" cut of meat. Works great in a pot roast or a BBQ beef brisket.
- Shin is our favourite - but make sure you buy a well butchered piece or it can end up full of fat and sinew.
- Chuck Steak (or braising beef) comes from the shoulder of the cow.
- Minced beef is usually minced chuck steak
Beef slow cooking tips
Slow cooking beef is easy peasy - but there are a few tips that'll help you make it even better:
- Always brown the beef before cooking, it'll add to the flavour. Ideally do this in the slow cooking pot - a Morphy Richards Sear and Stew or a Crockpot Duraceramic Saute makes it really easy!
- Pick the right cut of beef. Muscles that the animals use more like shoulders or shins taste beautiful when slow cooked.
- Minced beef works really well (think slow cooker Bolognese or lasagne) - but ensure you brown it first.