1. In accessing the Site (wwww.slowcookerclub.com), you agree to do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use and in accordance with these Terms.
2. The Site is owned and operated by David Stephens ("we" or "us"). Please read the Terms carefully as they set out your rights and obligations and the terms on which we makes the Site available to you. They also provide information on how you can submit material and how this will be used.
3. Visitors to the Site just wishing to view content do not need to register. However, any use of the Site (including, but not limited to, viewing content) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms, which take effect the moment you first use the Site. If these Terms are not accepted in full, you should not access the Site and should stop using it immediately. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with the most up to date Terms on accessing the Site. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
4. Unless otherwise stated, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of the Site's material or content (including other Contributions or any advertising or sponsorship) or permit or assist any third party to do the same.
5. You agree to only use the Site for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not improperly infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, the Site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is libellous, in breach of anyone’s privacy or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within the Site. We reserve the right to screen, filter and/or monitor content for this purpose.
6. The Site may include links to third party web sites ("Third Party Sites") from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of the Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services from the Third Party Sites. Your accessing of the Third Party Sites is at your own discretion and risk. These Third Parties Sites may have their own terms and conditions of use which you may be required to comply with. Please read such terms and conditions of use to ensure you are willing and able to comply with them.
1. If you would like to upload material to the Site, interact with the Site including participating in the forums or blogs or setting up a profile, you must register and become a Site member ("Member" and “Membership” as the context requires). As part of this you will be asked to "accept" these Terms and, on doing so, you will be deemed to have consented to and will be bound by these Terms and conditions.
2. When you register as a Member, you will be asked to enter a name and password you can then use to access your account and log on to and/or participate in areas of the Site reserved for Members only. We reserve the right to reject names that are offensive, defamatory or otherwise unsuitable.
3. You accept it is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under this. We are unable to check the identity of people acting as Members or using Members' areas and will not be liable where your password is used by someone else.
4. You should make sure you are the only person using your password and you agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
5. If you use any functionality this Site makes available that allows people to contact you or leave comments, you are accepting these may be abusive, untrue or unpleasant. Please be careful when using any messaging and do not reveal personal information such as your home or work contact details, your last name or where you live.
6. You agree and confirm that if registering as a Member, you are 18 or over and all information provided by you to us is accurate, true and up to date in all respects and at all times. Under no circumstances may a minor under the age of 13 register as a Member, or submit personal information or other content to the Site.
7. Where there are any other restrictions or eligibility requirements, these will be set out on the Site. We reserve the right for ask for written proof of age or eligibility from you. If we discover or suspect that you do not comply with the age requirements, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Membership immediately.
8. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part of it (including the availability of any features of the Site) at any time and without notice or liability to you. We are entitled to suspend or terminate your Membership or access to any part of the Site at any time if you breach the Terms or for technical reasons.
1. "Contribution" includes all content and materials provided to or uploaded to the Site by Members and other visitors to the Site, such content and materials including (but not limited to) videos, clips, pictures, recipes, reviews, comments, data posting, competition entries, blog entries, forum comments or comments, content and/or materials made available via the Site’s social media platform(s), and all other user generated material, which will be held by us.
2. You agree and guarantee that any Contribution you provide or upload is original to you and does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any other person. You must obtain any prior consent necessary for you to provide the Contribution to us. You agree and confirm that all facts expressed by you in any Contribution are true to the best of your knowledge and belief and, if your Contribution contains opinions, these are your own and genuinely and truly held by you; and that nothing in your Contribution will include an advertisement for your business or products; that nothing in the Contribution will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, be defamatory, obscene or sexually oriented, abusive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening, breach anyone’s privacy or may constitute a contempt of court or break any applicable laws or be calculated to bring us or any other person into disrepute; and that all Contributions will comply with any additional Terms or requirements on the Site and you will at all times comply with the Terms. You also confirm that if you have posted a recipe, it is your own recipe and will not cause any harm to anyone.
3. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use in our programmes, on any website including the Site, publications, other media or businesses. We are not responsible for the similarity of any of our content or programming to any media or materials or ideas transmitted to the Site. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and that you are waiving any claim against us or any of our subsidiaries regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if a material or an idea is substantially similar to the idea you submitted.
4. We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Contribution. As such, you retain all ownership rights and, although we will be able to use the Contribution as set out in these Terms, you will also have the right to use your Contribution in any way you choose. Where a Contribution is to be acquired this will be made clear on the Site and you will then be able to choose whether to provide a particular Contribution on that basis.
5. You grant to us (and third parties authorised by us) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Contribution) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Contribution. You agree that we (and third parties authorised by us) may make any and all Contributions available on the Site and may exploit such Contributions in any media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include but is not limited to other internet sites, mobile, television, radio, podcasts, audio-visual content and publishing and that Contributions may be made available for advertising and/or sponsorship.
6. You grant us (and third parties authorised by us) the right to issue publicity concerning the Contribution and any material or service in which it may be included, and for such purpose to use and reproduce your name and photograph if we wish (where these have been provided to us) and your Contribution.
7. We do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Contribution. Any Contribution may be rejected by us and may be edited, moderated or deleted in our absolute discretion. We reserve the right not to accept any Contribution that is not in English or for any other reason. All decisions are final and we will not enter into any discussions or correspondence about the reason for rejecting a Contribution.
8. We may, in appropriate circumstances, and in our sole discretion, remove or disable access to a Contribution that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, is defamatory, or is otherwise not suitable for any other reason. In relation to all reviews and comments posted on the Site, you consent to us editing such reviews to ensure compliance with the Terms.
9. We may retain other Contributions even if they are not published by us in any media. You agree, however, that we have no obligation to keep originals or copies of any Contribution or to return this to you or remove this from the Site on termination of your Membership.
10. If we terminate your Membership, your Contributions (if any) will remain on the Site - please contact us at [email protected] with details of any Contribution you would like to be removed and we will try to remove this.
1. Although we may ask Members and other visitors to the Site to submit Contributions which must comply with the Terms, you acknowledge that Contributions supplied by others may include content which others may consider offensive or objectionable. We assume no responsibility or liability for such Contributions and, as the Contributions are created by others, it does not represent our views. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Members and visitors to the Site.
2. If you become aware of any misuse of the Site or wish to complain about any Contribution or material on the Site or believe any of your rights have been violated e.g. your copyright has been infringed, you have been defamed etc., you can email us at [email protected] with the following information:
1. The names, images and logos identifying the Slow Cooker Club all our associated companies or third parties and any products and services are proprietary marks of these parties. Nothing in the Terms shall be construed as conferring to you any licence or right under any intellectual property right of any of the above parties unless expressly stated otherwise.
3. Any products and services on the Site are subject to availability and are available at our sole discretion.
1. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from the Site or these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
2. We make no representation that content on the Site is appropriate or available for use at locations other than the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland and access to content on the Site from territories where such content is illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
3. If any of the Terms are held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from your use and/or Membership or arising from any breach or suspected breach of the Terms by you or your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
5. We can transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to any company, firm or person provided this does not affect your rights under the Terms. You may not transfer or assign your rights or obligations under the Terms to anyone else and your Membership is personal to you.
1. Unless otherwise stated, our competitions and prize draws are organised by SlowCookerClub.com
2. By entering into one of our competitions or prize draws, you agree and accept the terms and conditions of the relevant competition or prize draw as well as these general terms and conditions.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted for each competition or prize draw unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions of the relevant competition or prize draw.
4. Our competitions and prize draws are open to all residents in the UK over the age of 18, unless stated otherwise in the terms and conditions of the relevant competition or prize draw, but is closed to any employees (and members of their families and households) of SlowCookerClub.com, its associated companies and of any co-promoters, competition or prize draw sponsors, prize providers and any of their associated companies.
5. Competition and prize draw entries must be made in the manner specified in the terms and conditions of the relevant competition or prize draw and must be received by the closing date stated therein.
6. No purchase or fee is payable in order to enter a competition or prize draw. Where applicable details of free entry routes will be available in the relevant competition or prize draw’s terms and conditions.
7. By entering into a competition or prize draw, you agree that your name and general place of residence may be made public if you win and if the relevant competition or prize draw includes submitting any images, photographs or footage that these may be used for any purpose by SlowCookerClub.com and/or its associated companies and/or any co-promoters, competition or prize draw sponsors, prize providers and any of their associated companies.
8. No responsibility will be accepted for entries which we do not receive for any reason. Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified.
9. SlowCookerClub.com, its associated companies and any co-promoters, competition or prize draw sponsors, prize providers and any of their associated companies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of SlowCookerClub.com, its associated companies and any co-promoters, competition or prize draw sponsors, prize providers and any of their associated companies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
10. SlowCookerClub.com reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion, the SlowCookerClub.com website or any other website or platform (including without limitation digital and social networking platforms) on which SlowCookerClub.com is organising a prize draw or competition, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions
11. Details of how entrants may compete or be chosen to win can be found in the terms and conditions of the relevant competition or prize draw.
12. The prize must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prizes are available.
13. The prize is non-transferable. We or the relevant prize provider as applicable reserve the right to substitute the prize of an equivalent value should the prize or any part of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
14. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not able to accept the prize within 1 month of the relevant competition or prize draw’s closing date, then we reserve the right to award the prize to another participant.
15. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time, or to cancel, alter or amend the competition or prize draw at any stage should it be necessary.
16. By entering into a competition or prize draw, you agree that any personal information you supply may be used by Us in accordance with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy as at the date of your entry as found at www.SlowCookerClub.com/privacy_policy.
17. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering a competition or prize draw or by accepting (or refusing as the case may be) a prize.
18. By entering into one of Our prize draws or competition via a social media platform (including without limitation Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest) you hereby agree to completely release such social media platform from any liability in relation to Our prize draw or competition whatsoever and acknowledge that the prize draw or competition is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the social media platform hosting such prize draw or competition.
19. The competition or prize draw is subject to the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
20. All our prize draws and competitions are void where prohibited.
1. Prize giveaway to be hosted on www.Facebook.com, on behalf of www.SlowCookerClub.com, and is open for entries from midday (GMT) January 7th.
2. One entrant who has liked and commented on the SlowCookerClub.com competition post, selected by the SlowCookerClub.com editor, will win a Morphy Richards Accents Sear and Stew 3.5L Slow Cooker, in either Red, Silver or Black, worth £34.99.
3. The contest is open to residents of mainland Great Britain only, and the prize will only be posted within mainland Great Britain. This does not include PO Boxes or BFPO addresses.
4. The winner may be required to send a photograph of themselves with their prize for publicity purposes.
5. Entry is via "liking" and "commenting" the SlowCookerClub.com competition post, and will close on January 14th 2015.
6. The Editor of SlowCookerClub.com will notify the winner by Facebook message on January 15th 2015. The winner will be required to provide their home address to post the prize to.
7. There is no cash alternative.
8. Entrants must be aged 18 or over before entry.