No one will ever believe that this came from a slow cooker. It’s not soggy, it’s not funny tasting, it’s just amazing.
What is impossible to describe however, is the amazing smells that’ll emanate from your slow cooker whilst you’ve got this recipe on the go!
If you’re not a fan of pepperoni, then this recipe is incredibly easy to adapt to suit your favourite pizza topping.
Slow Cooker Pizza
- 220 g pizza dough (enough for one 12" pizza)
- 350 ml passata
- mozzarella grated or torn
- pepperoni sliced
- fresh basil chopped
- Oil the inside of the slow cooker – this will stop the pizza sticking once it's cooked.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the approximate size of your slow cooker, place it in and push up the sides of the bowl to form a crust. Poke a few small holes in the centre of it, or the pizza dough will bubble whilst cooking.
- Top the dough with passata, then sprinkle plenty of grated mozzarella over the top. Add chopped pepperoni.
- Place a piece of kitchen roll under the lid (this will stop condensation dripping onto your pizza), then cover and cook on low for four hours (two on high). You'll know it's cooked when the crust starts to brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Allow it to cool slightly, then use a spatula to remove it from the slow cooker. Slice and garnish with chopped basil.