- Fry the onions, garlic and green pepper in a pan until soft, then add the minced beef and fry until lightly browned.
- Blend together the chilli powder, flour, brown sugar, cumin, oregano, paprika and tomato puree to make a paste. Stir the paste, canned and fresh tomatoes, thyme and seasoning into the pan. Add the bay leaf too.
- Put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook for 3 - 7 hours dependant on heat setting. One hour before serving add the kidney beans.
- Check the seasoning, add a touch more salt & pepper if required.
- Just before serving, mix the chopped chives into the soured cream to serve with the chilli.
Slow Cooker Awesome Chilli Con Carne
by Slow Cooker Club First posted 20 October 2013
about 6 hours on medium